It has been brought to the attention of the Morrow County Court of Common Pleas that residents are receiving phone calls by people that are claiming to be Court employees. These people are stating that because they did not appear for Jury duty, they must pay a fine; the residents are then asked to provide their credit card information. Please note that the Morrow County Court of Common Pleas will NEVER request credit card information over the phone from residents. Should you receive such a phone call, it is recommended that you hang up and call your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Morrow County Court of Common Pleas
- One of the applicants is required to be a Morrow County resident. The license can be used anywhere in the State of Ohio.
- Each applicant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- BOTH APPLICANTS MUST BE PRESENT at the Probate Court to complete the application.
- The application fee for obtaining a marriage license is $40.00 cash or check ONLY.
- Applicants must have a currant/valid picture ID/driver’s license.
- If your current address is NOT the address on your ID/driver’s license, please provide the Court with a piece of current mail showing your present address (both applicants must show proof of their current address).
- If either applicant has been previously married, you must bring ALL Final Divorce Decrees.
- If either applicant is widowed, a certified copy of the death certificate must be presented to the Court.
- If the person performing the ceremony is an ordained or licensed individual with a religious affiliation, they MUST be registered with the State of Ohio, through the Secretary of State’s Office PRIOR to performing your ceremony.
- The marriage license is valid when issued and there is no required waiting period between its issuance and the marriage ceremony.
- ALL MARRIAGE LICENSES MUST BE USED WITHIN 60 DAYS OF ISSUANCE.
- No blood tests or witnesses are required in Ohio.
- Probate Court hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. Please arrive no later than 3:30 pm to ensure adequate time to prepare your application and answer your questions.
- The Probate Court is located on the 3rd floor of the Morrow County Courthouse, 48 East High Street, Mount Gilead, OH 43338.
Morrow County Common Pleas Court has updated the Local Rule 2 Visitation guidelines. Please find the updated document under The Court, Court Forms, Visitation Forms.
Or you can directly download the PDF file here ==> Local Rule 2 Visitation PDF
Parents Education About Children's Emotions
-How Families experience divorce
-Typical Reactions of Children
-Developmental needs of Children
-Skills for parents to help children with divorce
-Do's and Don'ts of divorce
LOCAL RULE 33
Effective October 1, 2015
NOTARY PUBLIC: EXAMINATION, RENEWAL, FEES
33.00 This rule covers the procedures for obtaining or renewing a Notary Public Commission.
MORROW COUNTY COURT
OF COMMON PLEAS
MORROW COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
TO THE CITIZENS OF MORROW COUNTY:
This annual report reviews, discusses and highlights the operation of the Morrow County Court of Common Pleas. All divisions and departments are included in order to provide a clear, concise summary of the Court’s operation.