Morrow County Court of Common Pleas
Morrow County Courthouse
48 East High Street, Mount Gilead, Ohio 43338
Robert C. Hickson, Jr., Judge General Division (419) 947-4515
Tom C. Elkin, Judge Probate/Juvenile Division (419) 947-5575
Gregory Thomas, Court Administrator Juvenile Probation (419) 947-5545
Sara Babich, Magistrate Adult Probation/Drug Court Dept. (419) 947-5512
Kevin P. Collins, Magistrate
What Clothing Should I Wear to the Court??
(This includes Probation visits as well)
The Court does not require a coat and tie for men or dresses for women. The Court does require that clothing be appropriate to the setting. Court is a place of respect to be shown by those coming into the Courtroom. Clothing that is vulgar, indecent and fails to cover all portions of the body recognized in the general population to be covered, does not show the appropriate respect for all in the Courtroom, including the Judge and other parties. The standard for proper dress should be the same as what would be appropriate for a school function whether or not the person is a student or a parent. It should be clothing which does not draw inappropriate attention to oneself. Clothing should be neat and CLEAN. Failure to appear before the Court with appropriate clothing could result in a FINE.
Grooming and Personal Hygiene
Those entering a Courtroom are expected to have practiced good grooming and personal hygiene. Clothing perfume and aftershave should be applied in a limited manner. The Courtroom is also the appropriate place for civilized behavior. No rude, antagonistic, or insulting behavior will be permitted.
1. Tight or revealing clothing;
2. Clothing that is low-cut or see through;
3. Clothing that exposes midriffs;
4. Spaghetti straps or backless clothing;
5. Skirts or dresses with high slits;
7. Sweat pants or exercise clothing;
8. Shorts, unless dress shorts. No short shorts or bathing suits and bathing suite attire is unacceptable;
9. No tube tops or halter tops;
10. No clothing that is excessively ripped or has holes or major tears. This applies to all clothing, including jeans, pants, shirts and suits.
11. Clothing that can be classified as pajamas/sleeping attire or slippers.